sábado, 17 de outubro de 2009

Im I a Donk?

Yesterday I was reading a post on 2p2 about "The Three Basic Fish Types" and I found my self to be a loose passive preflop agrodonk posflop.
I have been wondering about my stats a while because they are far from the 22/18 they should be in order to be a TAG a competently beat the level. My stats are around 29/11 witch indicates I see too many flops and I see them passively, that is, not raising them as I should do and mainly because I limp in with marginal hands. The thing is my post flop aggression, around 40% on flop, 50% on turn and 35% on river. This means I bet/raise a lot, even OOP.
Well, it seems to work given that a lot and I mean a lot of people at NL2 fold to aggression even with the best hand. I'm starting to think that NL2 is filled with a lot of people that like me lost their first 2/3 deposits and now are trying to TAG their way up but end up playing weak tight folding better hands to bully's like me.

Here you have an example:
Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 327484

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter



UTG: $2.97

UTG+1: $1.45

MP: $7.63

CO: $5.73

BTN: $4.63

Hero (SB): $5.60

BB: $0.82



Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with 2 of hearts 7 of diamonds

1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06, UTG+1 calls $0.06



Flop: ($0.24) 5 of clubs 3 of clubs 3 of spades (3 players)

Hero bets $0.12, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.12



Turn: ($0.48) Q of hearts (2 players)

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks



River: ($0.48) A of diamonds (2 players)

Hero bets $0.12, UTG+1 folds



Final Pot: $0.48

Hero wins $0.48





I only did this because I knew the player already folded too many times to aggression and to prove a friend of mine that poker is not mainly luck, it's more then that.

Well, I'm not bragging, on the contrary, I know I have a leak here and I need to fix it. Because of that I made a post on 2p2 and after some replies I decided I'm going to keep this style of play until my 10k hands, but after that I'm not moving up to NL5 like I planned, instead I'm doing 10k more at NL2 but changing the play style.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário