quinta-feira, 8 de outubro de 2009

Day 4

I'm glad this day came!

I had to say it although it hurts but the truth is that when after a pause to study the game you come back and start running hot at 70-100 BB's/100 you begin to think that you figured things out and that from now on the road to success is clean, wide and without obstacles. Well Poker just like life ain't like that. And sometimes a reality check it's a more important lesson then a lot of reading.

Enough with the philosophy and let's see what happened.
I started the day bad, really bad. Although I was for the first time on correct VPIP$ / PFR levels (around 21/19), my cards weren't holding up.
I got a lot of AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ/JT most of the times I played them in position and with the raises they deserve but at the end the villain was always hitting something and my cards weren't holding up. I started to go negative for the first time and for most of the session I was loosing 1-2$. Sometimes I recovered to -0.80$ for example but next thing I noticed I was down 2$+ again. In the last 100 hands some value cards finally came like my first AA, my first QQ, a KK that for the first time wasn't folded to me after a 4 BB raise and a set I finally was able to mine and that summed up not only I recovered from the red line but I went up for 2.76$ for the session witch in the end makes me very happy because it showed me that maybe it wasn't everything my fault.

I didn't had time to Anallise the hands yet but I can tell that my biggest mistakes were three:
1. I CBET a lot with air and I even double/triple barrel some times. This is not wrong, what is wrong is when the villain cold calls or check/raises me, I need to get out sooner. I lost a lot of 0.80$/0.65$ pots that summed up make a lot. Like I read on 2p2 one day, at this level if someone tells you they have something...believe him!
2. Again the limping! After my start on the right VPIP$ / PFR levels I saw things going down on earnings so I started to limp more and more. That cost me 2 x KK folded all around to my 0.04 raise.
3. FOCUS! I can't play without focus, at least not for now. I believe that people that have a lot of practice can play 10 - 18 tables without almost paying attention but I can't play 4-6 tables without being focused because when I'm not I make a lot of bad decisions.

I will post some hands later in the day.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário