sexta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2009

Day 1

Or should I call it night 1 :D

It went so, so well...
I played 4 tables on Pokerstars. I chose the 4 tables with 8 players and biggest VPIP/average pot.
At start I was like -0.50 and was starting to think, maybe just maybe I'm still not ok to play. Hands don't come I'm started to feel tempted to limp marginal hands specially OOP and suddenly I was on 45/10 and the fish bells started to ring so I should probably stop. Instead of stopping, I connected my PsP and started to play some PES2009 while I was folding folding folding folding but this way at least I was avoiding the temptation to limp. Whenever I had a hand I committed my self to raise it as long as I had position.
I kept this discipline for some time and finally the hands started to come and I was able to apply some concepts I've been reading, specially about CBET and even some double barreling although this last one I'm taking it with moderation.

I ended up the session with a 7.42 winnings over 532 hands, that's almost 70BB's/100 hands like you can see in my spreadsheet.


After the session that lasted for a little bit less then 3 hours, I spent 30 minutes analyzing some hands.
On the winning side, I think I failed to extract value from some hands like AA, KK where after my inicial PFR of 4BBs + 1BB/limper everyone folded. I changed my aproach at this and started raising every good hand the same way. this made me loose some money when the flop didn't hit me but the very next time I had AA I was able to put 3 callers on 0.12c and 1 guy all in after the flop making me more money then I had lost on raises. Besides, whenever I had position I tried to CBET dry boards and a lot of times I was able to make the villains fold having better hands then mine. Another thing that's costing me some money is the failure to build pots, I have to study more about building pots even having pocket pairs.
n the loosing side, I only half-tilted one time loosing 1.38$ on a play I had paired a K with a good kicker. In this hand If I had payed attention to the baluga theorem, I would have saved my self more then 1$. Another leak I found is the limping...OMG the limping sometimes it's SO much stronger then me...I loose a pot I limp next. I don't play for 3 hands...limp next I see a Kx Ax UTG suited let's limp in and then...raised and folded. By my accounts If I hadn't limped so much I would have saved more then 1.5$.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário